You will be learning to write academic essays. We will be working on Unit 5: Writing in “Everything You Need to Ace English”. I expect you to take notes and to practice what you learn in your writing assignments moving forward.
- Read pages 379 – 382
- Write six different research questions based on ¨To Kill a Mockingbird¨and ¨Night. The questions should be well-thought out and written down on loose leaf paper. Skip lines between each question (NOT EACH SENTENCE) and number each question accordingly.
- Due Date: Hand in Tuesday Morning by 9:00 AM
- Read pages 383 – 390 (very top)
- Choose two questions that you wrote yesterday- onefrom TKAMB and one question from Night. These are the two questions that you will use for the remainder of this unit of study.
- Find three credible sources online that help you learn more information so that you can answer each question. Print them. **We will discuss where to search**
- Explain in a brief paragraph or list what makes each source credible.
- Due Date: by 2:00 PM Wed 1/29
- Read pages 390 – 395
- Cite the three sources you found for each article you printed yesterday
- Cite two books of your choosing in APA, MLA, and CMS style.
- Cite two Magazine Articles in APA, MLA, and CMS style
- Cite two websites in APA, MLA, and CMS style
- Cite three quotes from your favorite books. One in each of the three styles.
- Due Date: by 4:00 PM Wed 1/30
- Read pages 396 – 397
- Using the articles/sources you found on Tuesday, write down five questions that you have based on what is shared in those sources.
- Due Date: by 2:00 PM Friday 1/31